WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. straighten, unbend, change posture
- usage: straighten up or out; make straight
- 2. straighten, straighten out, change, alter, modify
- usage: make straight
- 3. straighten, change posture
- usage: get up from a sitting or slouching position; "The students straightened when the teacher entered"
- 4. tidy, tidy up, clean up, neaten, straighten, straighten out, square away, order
- usage: put (things or places) in order; "Tidy up your room!"
- 5. roll out, straighten, unwind, disentangle
- usage: straighten by unrolling; "roll out the big map"
- 6. straighten, arrange, set up
- usage: make straight or straighter; "Straighten this post"; "straighten hair"
All rights reserved.
See also: straighten (Dictionary)