Synonyms of strand
- 1. strand, form, shape, pattern
- usage: a pattern forming a unity within a larger structural whole; "he tried to pick up the strands of his former life"; "I could hear several melodic strands simultaneously"
- 2. strand, line
- usage: line consisting of a complex of fibers or filaments that are twisted together to form a thread or a rope or a cable
- 3. chain, string, strand, necklace
- usage: a necklace made by a stringing objects together; "a string of beads"; "a strand of pearls";
- 4. fibril, filament, strand, fiber, fibre
- usage: a very slender natural or synthetic fiber
- 5. strand, shore
- usage: a poetic term for a shore (as the area periodically covered and uncovered by the tides)
- 6. Strand
- usage: a street in west central London famous for its theaters and hotels
- 1. maroon, strand, abandon, forsake, desolate, desert
- usage: leave stranded or isolated with little hope of rescue; "the travellers were marooned"
- 2. strand, land
- usage: drive (a vessel) ashore
- 3. ground, strand, run aground, land
- usage: bring to the ground; "the storm grounded the ship"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of strand (Dictionary)