Synonyms of stranded
- 1. maroon, strand, abandon, forsake, desolate, desert
- usage: leave stranded or isolated with little hope of rescue; "the travellers were marooned"
- 2. strand, land
- usage: drive (a vessel) ashore
- 3. ground, strand, run aground, land
- usage: bring to the ground; "the storm grounded the ship"
- 1. isolated, marooned, stranded, unaccompanied (vs. accompanied)
- usage: cut off or left behind; "an isolated pawn"; "several stranded fish in a tide pool"; "travelers marooned by the blizzard"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of stranded (Dictionary)