Synonyms of strapping
- 1. strap, tie, bind
- usage: tie with a strap
- 2. flog, welt, whip, lather, lash, slash, strap, trounce, beat, beat up, work over
- usage: beat severely with a whip or rod; "The teacher often flogged the students"; "The children were severely trounced"
- 3. strap, sharpen
- usage: sharpen with a strap; "strap a razor"
- 4. strap, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: secure (a sprained joint) with a strap
- 1. beefy, burly, husky, strapping, buirdly, robust (vs. frail)
- usage: muscular and heavily built; "a beefy wrestler"; "had a tall burly frame"; "clothing sizes for husky boys"; "a strapping boy of eighteen"; "`buirdly' is a Scottish term"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of strapping (Dictionary)