Synonyms of stressed
- 1. stress, emphasize, emphasise, punctuate, accent, accentuate, express, show, evince
- usage: to stress, single out as important; "Dr. Jones emphasizes exercise in addition to a change in diet"
- 2. stress, accent, accentuate, pronounce, articulate, enounce, sound out, enunciate, say
- usage: put stress on; utter with an accent; "In Farsi, you accent the last syllable of each word"
- 3. try, strain, stress, afflict
- usage: test the limits of; "You are trying my patience!"
- 1. stressed, distressed, troubled (vs. untroubled)
- usage: suffering severe physical strain or distress; "he dropped out of the race, clearly distressed and having difficulty breathing"
- 2. stressed (vs. unstressed), accented, emphatic, emphasized, emphasised, masculine
- usage: bearing a stress or accent; "an iambic foot consists of an unstressed syllable followed by a stressed syllable as in `delay'"
All rights reserved.