Synonyms of stretch out
- 1. unfold, stretch, stretch out, extend, change shape, change form, deform
- usage: extend or stretch out to a greater or the full length; "Unfold the newspaper"; "stretch out that piece of cloth"; "extend the TV antenna"
- 2. stretch, stretch out, lie down, lie
- usage: lie down comfortably; "To enjoy the picnic, we stretched out on the grass"
- 3. exsert, stretch out, put out, extend, hold out, stretch forth, gesticulate, gesture, motion
- usage: thrust or extend out; "He held out his hand"; "point a finger"; "extend a hand"; "the bee exserted its sting"
- 4. stretch, stretch out, move
- usage: extend one's body or limbs; "Let's stretch for a minute--we've been sitting here for over 3 hours"
- 5. crane, stretch out, stretch, extend
- usage: stretch (the neck) so as to see better; "The women craned their necks to see the President drive by"
All rights reserved.