Synonyms of strident
- 1. blatant, clamant, clamorous, strident, vociferous, noisy (vs. quiet)
- usage: conspicuously and offensively loud; given to vehement outcry; "blatant radios"; "a clamorous uproar"; "strident demands"; "a vociferous mob"
- 2. fricative, continuant, sibilant, spirant, strident, soft (vs. hard)
- usage: of speech sounds produced by forcing air through a constricted passage (as `f', `s', `z', or `th' in both `thin' and `then')
- 3. strident, shrill, imperative (vs. beseeching)
- usage: being sharply insistent on being heard; "strident demands"; "shrill criticism"
- 4. raucous, strident, cacophonous (vs. euphonious), cacophonic
- usage: unpleasantly loud and harsh
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of strident (Dictionary)