- 1. stub, plant part, plant structure
- usage: a short piece remaining on a trunk or stem where a branch is lost
- 2. nub, stub, part, piece
- usage: a small piece; "a nub of coal"; "a stub of a pencil"
- 3. stub, ticket stub, receipt
- usage: a torn part of a ticket returned to the holder as a receipt
- 4. stub, check stub, counterfoil, record
- usage: the part of a check that is retained as a record
- 5. butt, stub, part, portion
- usage: the small unused part of something (especially the end of a cigarette that is left after smoking)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. stub, uproot, extirpate, deracinate, root out
- usage: pull up (weeds) by their roots
- 2. stub, snuff out, blow out, extinguish, quench
- usage: extinguish by crushing; "stub out your cigarette now"
- 3. stub, weed
- usage: clear of weeds by uprooting them; "stub a field"
- 4. stub, hit, strike, impinge on, run into, collide with
- usage: strike (one's toe) accidentally against an object; "She stubbed her toe in the dark and now it's broken"
All rights reserved.
See also: stub (Dictionary)