Synonyms of stunned
- 1. stun, stupefy, immobilize, immobilise
- usage: make senseless or dizzy by or as if by a blow; "stun fish"
- 2. sandbag, stun, hit
- usage: hit something or somebody as if with a sandbag
- 3. stun, bedaze, daze, desensitize, desensitise
- usage: overcome as with astonishment or disbelief; "The news stunned her"
- 1. amazed, astonied, astonished, astounded, stunned, surprised (vs. unsurprised)
- usage: filled with the emotional impact of overwhelming surprise or shock; "an amazed audience gave the magician a standing ovation"; "I stood enthralled, astonished by the vastness and majesty of the cathedral"; "astounded viewers wept at the pictures from the Oklahoma City bombing"; "stood in stunned silence"; "stunned scientists found not one but at least three viruses"
- 2. knocked out(predicate), kayoed, KO'd, out(predicate), stunned, unconscious (vs. conscious)
- usage: knocked unconscious by a heavy blow
- 3. dazed, stunned, stupefied, stupid(predicate), confused (vs. clearheaded)
- usage: in a state of mental numbness especially as resulting from shock; "he had a dazed expression on his face"; "lay semiconscious, stunned (or stupefied) by the blow"; "was stupid from fatigue"
All rights reserved.