Synonyms of sturdy
- 1. hardy, stalwart, stout, sturdy, robust (vs. frail)
- usage: having rugged physical strength; inured to fatigue or hardships; "hardy explorers of northern Canada"; "proud of her tall stalwart son"; "stout seamen"; "sturdy young athletes"
- 2. uncompromising (vs. compromising), sturdy, inflexible, hard-line, hardline
- usage: not making concessions; "took an uncompromising stance in the peace talks"; "uncompromising honesty"
- 3. sturdy, tough, rugged (vs. delicate)
- usage: substantially made or constructed; "sturdy steel shelves"; "sturdy canvas"; "a tough all-weather fabric"; "some plastics are as tough as metal"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of sturdy (Dictionary)