Synonyms of style
- 1. manner, mode, style, way, fashion, property
- usage: how something is done or how it happens; "her dignified manner"; "his rapid manner of talking"; "their nomadic mode of existence"; "in the characteristic New York style"; "a lonely way of life"; "in an abrasive fashion"
- 2. expressive style, style, communication
- usage: a way of expressing something (in language or art or music etc.) that is characteristic of a particular person or group of people or period; "all the reporters were expected to adopt the style of the newspaper"
- 3. style, kind, sort, form, variety
- usage: a particular kind (as to appearance); "this style of shoe is in demand"
- 4. vogue, trend, style, taste, appreciation, discernment, perceptiveness
- usage: the popular taste at a given time; "leather is the latest vogue"; "he followed current trends"; "the 1920s had a style of their own"
- 5. style, reproductive structure
- usage: (botany) the narrow elongated part of the pistil between the ovary and the stigma
- 6. style, direction, instruction
- usage: editorial directions to be followed in spelling and punctuation and capitalization and typographical display
- 7. dash, elan, flair, panache, style, elegance
- usage: distinctive and stylish elegance; "he wooed her with the confident dash of a cavalry officer"
- 8. stylus, style, tool
- usage: a pointed tool for writing or drawing or engraving; "he drew the design on the stencil with a steel stylus"
- 9. style, process, outgrowth, appendage
- usage: a slender bristlelike or tubular process; "a cartilaginous style"
- 1. style, title, name, call
- usage: designate by an identifying term; "They styled their nation `The Confederate States'"
- 2. style, make, create
- usage: make consistent with a certain fashion or style; "Style my hair"; "style the dress"
- 3. style, write
- usage: make consistent with certain rules of style; "style a manuscript"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of style (Dictionary)