Synonyms of sublime
- 1. sublime, sublimate, change
- usage: vaporize and then condense right back again
- 2. sublime, sublimate, gasify, vaporize, vaporise, aerify
- usage: change or cause to change directly from a solid into a vapor without first melting; "sublime iodine"; "some salts sublime when heated"
- 1. empyreal, empyrean, sublime, glorious (vs. inglorious)
- usage: inspiring awe; "well-meaning ineptitude that rises to empyreal absurdity"- M.S.Dworkin; "empyrean aplomb"- Hamilton Basso; "the sublime beauty of the night"
- 2. reverend, sublime, sacred (vs. profane)
- usage: worthy of adoration or reverence
- 3. sublime, elated (vs. dejected)
- usage: lifted up or set high; "their hearts were jocund and sublime"- Milton
- 4. exalted, elevated, sublime, grand, high-flown, high-minded, lofty, rarefied, rarified, idealistic, noble-minded, noble (vs. ignoble)
- usage: of high moral or intellectual value; elevated in nature or style; "an exalted ideal"; "argue in terms of high-flown ideals"- Oliver Franks; "a noble and lofty concept"; "a grand purpose"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of sublime (Dictionary)