Synonyms of submit
- 1. submit, subject, refer
- usage: refer for judgment or consideration; "The lawyers submitted the material to the court"
- 2. submit, state, put forward, posit, propose, suggest, advise
- usage: put before; "I submit to you that the accused is guilty"
- 3. submit
- usage: yield to the control of another
- 4. present, submit, give
- usage: hand over formally
- 5. relegate, pass on, submit, submit, subject
- usage: refer to another person for decision or judgment; "She likes to relegate difficult questions to her colleagues"
- 6. submit, bow, defer, accede, give in, yield, give in, succumb, knuckle under, buckle under
- usage: yield to another's wish or opinion; "The government bowed to the military pressure"
- 7. take, submit, undergo
- usage: accept or undergo, often unwillingly; "We took a pay cut"
- 8. put in, submit, apply
- usage: make an application as for a job or funding; "We put in a grant to the NSF"
- 9. render, submit, give, gift, present
- usage: make over as a return; "They had to render the estate"
- 10. resign, reconcile, submit, accept
- usage: accept as inevitable; "He resigned himself to his fate"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of submit (Dictionary)