Synonyms of subordinate
- 1. subordinate, subsidiary, underling, foot soldier, assistant, helper, help, supporter
- usage: an assistant subject to the authority or control of another
- 2. hyponym, subordinate, subordinate word, word
- usage: a word that is more specific than a given word
- 1. subordinate, rate, rank, range, order, grade, place
- usage: rank or order as less important or consider of less value; "Art is sometimes subordinated to Science in these schools"
- 2. subordinate, subdue, lower, lour
- usage: make subordinate, dependent, or subservient; "Our wishes have to be subordinated to that of our ruler"
- 1. subordinate (vs. dominant), low-level, adjunct, assistant, associate(prenominal), secondary, under(prenominal), inferior, subordinate
- usage: lower in rank or importance
- 2. subordinate (vs. insubordinate), feudatory, ruled, subject, dependent, subservient, submissive, subordinate#1, low-level
- usage: subject or submissive to authority or the control of another; "a subordinate kingdom"
- 3. dependent (vs. independent), subordinate
- usage: (of a clause) unable to stand alone syntactically as a complete sentence; "a subordinate (or dependent) clause functions as a noun or adjective or adverb within a sentence"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of subordinate (Dictionary)