WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. subscribe, offer, bid, tender
- usage: offer to buy, as of stocks and shares; "The broker subscribed 500 shares"
- 2. sign, subscribe, write
- usage: mark with one's signature; write one's name (on); "She signed the letter and sent it off"; "Please sign here"
- 3. subscribe, support, agree, hold, concur, concord
- usage: adopt as a belief; "I subscribe to your view on abortion"
- 4. pledge, subscribe, donate
- usage: pay (an amount of money) as a contribution to a charity or service, especially at regular intervals; "I pledged $10 a month to my favorite radio station"
- 5. subscribe, subscribe to, take, buy, purchase
- usage: receive or obtain regularly; "We take the Times every day"
All rights reserved.
See also: subscribe (Dictionary)