Synonyms of substantial
- 1. significant, substantial, considerable (vs. inconsiderable)
- usage: fairly large; "won by a substantial margin"
- 2. substantial, substantive, essential (vs. inessential)
- usage: having a firm basis in reality and being therefore important, meaningful, or considerable; "substantial equivalents"
- 3. substantial (vs. insubstantial), real, material, material
- usage: having substance or capable of being treated as fact; not imaginary; "the substantial world"; "a mere dream, neither substantial nor practical"; "most ponderous and substantial things"- Shakespeare
- 4. hearty, satisfying, solid, square, substantial, wholesome (vs. unwholesome)
- usage: providing abundant nourishment; "a hearty meal"; "good solid food"; "ate a substantial breakfast"; "four square meals a day"
- 5. solid, strong, substantial, sound (vs. unsound)
- usage: of good quality and condition; solidly built; "a solid foundation"; "several substantial timber buildings"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of substantial (Dictionary)