WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. confirm, corroborate, sustain, substantiate, support, affirm
- usage: establish or strengthen as with new evidence or facts; "his story confirmed my doubts"; "The evidence supports the defendant"
- 2. incarnate, body forth, embody, substantiate, be
- usage: represent in bodily form; "He embodies all that is evil wrong with the system"; "The painting substantiates the feelings of the artist"
- 3. realize, realise, actualize, actualise, substantiate, make, create
- usage: make real or concrete; give reality or substance to; "our ideas must be substantiated into actions"
- 4. substantiate, strengthen, beef up, fortify
- usage: solidify, firm, or strengthen; "The president's trip will substantiate good relations with the former enemy country"
All rights reserved.
See also: substantiate (Dictionary)