Synonyms of subvert
- 1. overthrow, subvert, overturn, bring down, depose, force out
- usage: cause the downfall of; of rulers; "The Czar was overthrown"; "subvert the ruling class"
- 2. corrupt, pervert, subvert, demoralize, demoralise, debauch, debase, profane, vitiate, deprave, misdirect, change, alter, modify
- usage: corrupt morally or by intemperance or sensuality; "debauch the young people with wine and women"; "Socrates was accused of corrupting young men"; "Do school counselors subvert young children?"; "corrupt the morals"
- 3. sabotage, undermine, countermine, counteract, subvert, weaken, disobey
- usage: destroy property or hinder normal operations; "The Resistance sabotaged railroad operations during the war"
- 4. subvert, destroy, ruin
- usage: destroy completely; "we must not let our civil liberties be subverted by the current crisis"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of subvert (Dictionary)