- 1. sugar, refined sugar, sweetening, sweetener
- usage: a white crystalline carbohydrate used as a sweetener and preservative
- 2. carbohydrate, saccharide, sugar, macromolecule, supermolecule
- usage: an essential structural component of living cells and source of energy for animals; includes simple sugars with small molecules as well as macromolecular substances; are classified according to the number of monosaccharide groups they contain
- 3. boodle, bread, cabbage, clams, dinero, dough, gelt, kale, lettuce, lolly, lucre, loot, moolah, pelf, scratch, shekels, simoleons, sugar, wampum, money
- usage: informal terms for money
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sugar, saccharify, sweeten, dulcify, edulcorate, dulcorate
- usage: sweeten with sugar; "sugar your tea"
All rights reserved.
See also: sugar (Dictionary)