- 1. acme, height, elevation, peak, pinnacle, summit, superlative, meridian, tiptop, top, degree, level, stage, point
- usage: the highest level or degree attainable; the highest stage of development; "his landscapes were deemed the acme of beauty"; "the artist's gifts are at their acme"; "at the height of her career"; "the peak of perfection"; "summer was at its peak"; "...catapulted Einstein to the pinnacle of fame"; "the summit of his ambition"; "so many highest superlatives achieved by man"; "at the top of his profession"
- 2. peak, crown, crest, top, tip, summit, topographic point, place, spot
- usage: the top or extreme point of something (usually a mountain or hill); "the view from the peak was magnificent"; "they clambered to the tip of Monadnock"; "the region is a few molecules wide at the summit"
- 3. summit, summit meeting, meeting, group meeting
- usage: a meeting of heads of governments
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. summit, breast, reach, make, attain, hit, arrive at, gain
- usage: reach the summit (of a mountain); "They breasted the mountain"; "Many mountaineers go up Mt. Everest but not all summit"
All rights reserved.
See also: summit (Dictionary)