Synonyms of surcharge
- 1. surcharge, charge
- usage: an additional charge (as for items previously omitted or as a penalty for failure to exercise common caution or common skill)
- 1. surcharge, charge, bill
- usage: charge an extra fee, as for a special service
- 2. overcharge, soak, surcharge, gazump, fleece, plume, pluck, rob, hook, cheat, rip off, chisel
- usage: rip off; ask an unreasonable price
- 3. surcharge, overcrowd
- usage: fill to capacity with people; "The air raids had surcharged the emergency wards"
- 4. surcharge, overprint, print over
- usage: print a new denomination on a stamp or a banknote
- 5. surcharge, fill, fill up, make full
- usage: fill to an excessive degree; "The air was surcharged with tension"
- 6. overload, surcharge, overcharge, load, lade, laden, load up
- usage: place too much a load on; "don't overload the car"
- 7. surcharge, show
- usage: show an omission in (an account) for which credit ought to have been given
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of surcharge (Dictionary)