Synonyms of sure enough
- 1. honest-to-god, honest-to-goodness, old(prenominal), sure-enough(prenominal), genuine (vs. counterfeit), echt
- usage: (used informally especially for emphasis); "a real honest-to-god live cowboy"; "had us a high old time"; "went upriver to look at a sure-enough fish wheel"
- 1. sure enough
- usage: as supposed or expected; "sure enough, he asked her for money again"
- 2. surely, certainly, sure, for sure, for certain, sure enough, sure as shooting
- usage: definitely or positively (`sure' is sometimes used informally for `surely'); "the results are surely encouraging"; "she certainly is a hard worker"; "it's going to be a good day for sure"; "they are coming, for certain"; "they thought he had been killed sure enough"; "he'll win sure as shooting"; "they sure smell good"; "sure he'll come"
All rights reserved.