Synonyms of surface
- 1. surface, artifact, artefact
- usage: the outer boundary of an artifact or a material layer constituting or resembling such a boundary; "there is a special cleaner for these surfaces"; "the cloth had a pattern of red dots on a white surface"
- 2. surface, boundary, bound, bounds
- usage: the extended two-dimensional outer boundary of a three-dimensional object; "they skimmed over the surface of the water"; "a brush small enough to clean every dental surface"; "the sun has no distinct surface"
- 3. surface, Earth's surface, layer
- usage: the outermost level of the land or sea; "earthquakes originate far below the surface"; "three quarters of the Earth's surface is covered by water"
- 4. surface, aspect, facet
- usage: a superficial aspect as opposed to the real nature of something; "it was not what it appeared to be on the surface"
- 5. open, surface, public knowledge, general knowledge
- usage: information that has become public; "all the reports were out in the open"; "the facts had been brought to the surface"
- 6. airfoil, aerofoil, control surface, surface, device
- usage: a device that provides reactive force when in motion relative to the surrounding air; can lift or control a plane in flight
- 1. surface, come up, rise up, rise, ascend, go up
- usage: come to the surface
- 2. coat, surface, cover
- usage: put a coat on; cover the surface of; furnish with a surface; "coat the cake with chocolate"
- 3. come on, come out, turn up, surface, show up, appear
- usage: appear or become visible; make a showing; "She turned up at the funeral"; "I hope the list key is going to surface again"
- 1. surface (vs. subsurface) (vs. overhead), aboveground, grade-constructed, opencast, opencut
- usage: on the surface; "surface materials of the moon"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of surface (Dictionary)