Synonyms of surging
- 1. billow, surge, heave, inflate, blow up
- usage: rise and move, as in waves or billows; "The army surged forward"
- 2. soar, soar up, soar upwards, surge, zoom, rise, lift, arise, move up, go up, come up, uprise
- usage: rise rapidly; "the dollar soared against the yen"
- 3. tide, surge, run, flow, feed, course
- usage: rise or move forward; "surging waves"
- 4. scend, surge, rise, lift, arise, move up, go up, come up, uprise
- usage: rise or heave upward under the influence of a natural force such as a wave; "the boats surged"
- 5. surge, better, improve, ameliorate, meliorate
- usage: see one's performance improve; "He levelled the score and then surged ahead"
- 1. billowy, billowing(prenominal), surging, stormy (vs. calm)
- usage: characterized by great swelling waves or surges; "billowy storm clouds"; "the restless billowing sea"; "surging waves"
All rights reserved.