Synonyms of surmise
- 1. guess, conjecture, supposition, surmise, surmisal, speculation, hypothesis, opinion, view
- usage: a message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence
- 1. surmise, deduce, infer, deduct, derive
- usage: infer from incomplete evidence
- 2. suspect, surmise, guess, venture, pretend, hazard
- usage: imagine to be the case or true or probable; "I suspect he is a fugitive"; "I surmised that the butler did it"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of surmise (Dictionary)