- 1. surprise, affect, impress, move, strike
- usage: cause to be surprised; "The news really surprised me"
- 2. surprise, act, move
- usage: come upon or take unawares; "She surprised the couple"; "He surprised an interesting scene"
- 3. storm, surprise, attack, assail
- usage: attack by storm; attack suddenly
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. surprising (vs. unsurprising), amazing, astonishing, startling, stunning, unexpected
- usage: causing surprise or wonder or amazement; "the report shows a surprising lack of hard factual data"; "leaped up with surprising agility"; "she earned a surprising amount of money"
All rights reserved.
See also: surprising (Dictionary)