Synonyms of swaggering
- 1. tittup, swagger, ruffle, prance, strut, sashay, cock, walk
- usage: to walk with a lofty proud gait, often in an attempt to impress others; "He struts around like a rooster in a hen house"
- 2. browbeat, bully, swagger, wheedle, cajole, palaver, blarney, coax, sweet-talk, inveigle
- usage: discourage or frighten with threats or a domineering manner; intimidate
- 3. swagger, bluster, swash, act, behave, do
- usage: act in an arrogant, overly self-assured, or conceited manner
- 1. disdainful, haughty, imperious, lordly, overbearing, prideful, sniffy, supercilious, swaggering, proud (vs. humble)
- usage: having or showing arrogant superiority to and disdain of those one views as unworthy; "some economists are disdainful of their colleagues in other social disciplines"; "haughty aristocrats"; "his lordly manners were offensive"; "walked with a prideful swagger"; "very sniffy about breaches of etiquette"; "his mother eyed my clothes with a supercilious air"; "a more swaggering mood than usual"- W.L.Shirer
- 2. swaggering, swashbuckling, adventurous (vs. unadventurous), adventuresome
- usage: flamboyantly adventurous
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of swaggering (Dictionary)