Synonyms of swan
- 1. swan, aquatic bird
- usage: stately heavy-bodied aquatic bird with very long neck and usually white plumage as adult
- 1. affirm, verify, assert, avow, aver, swan, swear, declare
- usage: to declare or affirm solemnly and formally as true; "Before God I swear I am innocent"
- 2. roll, wander, swan, stray, tramp, roam, cast, ramble, rove, range, drift, vagabond, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment; "The gypsies roamed the woods"; "roving vagabonds"; "the wandering Jew"; "The cattle roam across the prairie"; "the laborers drift from one town to the next"; "They rolled from town to town"
- 3. swan, sweep, sail
- usage: sweep majestically; "Airplanes were swanning over the mountains"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of swan (Dictionary)