Synonyms of swift
- 1. Swift, Gustavus Franklin Swift
- usage: United States meat-packer who began the use of refrigerated railroad cars (1839-1903)
- 2. Swift, Jonathan Swift, Dean Swift
- usage: an English satirist born in Ireland (1667-1745)
- 3. swift, apodiform bird
- usage: a small bird that resembles a swallow and is noted for its rapid flight
- 4. western fence lizard, swift, blue-belly, Sceloporus occidentalis, fence lizard
- usage: common western lizard; seen on logs or rocks
- 1. fleet, swift, fast (vs. slow)
- usage: moving very fast; "fleet of foot"; "the fleet scurrying of squirrels"; "a swift current"; "swift flight of an arrow"; "a swift runner"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of swift (Dictionary)