Synonyms of swimming
- 1. swimming, swim, water sport, aquatics
- usage: the act of swimming; "it was the swimming they enjoyed most": "they took a short swim in the pool"
- 1. swim, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: travel through water; "We had to swim for 20 minutes to reach the shore"; "a big fish was swimming in the tank"
- 2. float, swim, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: be afloat either on or below a liquid surface and not sink to the bottom
- 3. swim, be
- usage: be dizzy or giddy; "my brain is swimming after the bottle of champagne"
- 4. swim, drown, be
- usage: be covered with or submerged in a liquid; "the meat was swimming in a fatty gravy"
- 5. swim, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move as if gliding through water; "this snake swims through the soil where it lives"
- 1. liquid, swimming, tearful (vs. tearless)
- usage: filled or brimming with tears; "swimming eyes"; "sorrow made the eyes of many grow liquid"
- 2. naiant, swimming, horizontal (vs. vertical) (vs. inclined)
- usage: applied to a fish depicted horizontally
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of swimming (Dictionary)