- 1. table, tabular array, array
- usage: a set of data arranged in rows and columns; "see table 1"
- 2. table, furniture, piece of furniture, article of furniture
- usage: a piece of furniture having a smooth flat top that is usually supported by one or more vertical legs; "it was a sturdy table"
- 3. table, furniture, piece of furniture, article of furniture
- usage: a piece of furniture with tableware for a meal laid out on it; "I reserved a table at my favorite restaurant"
- 4. mesa, table, tableland, plateau
- usage: flat tableland with steep edges; "the tribe was relatively safe on the mesa but they had to descend into the valley for water"
- 5. table, gathering, assemblage
- usage: a company of people assembled at a table for a meal or game; "he entertained the whole table with his witty remarks"
- 6. board, table, fare
- usage: food or meals in general; "she sets a fine table"; "room and board"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. postpone, prorogue, hold over, put over, table, shelve, set back, defer, remit, put off, delay
- usage: hold back to a later time; "let's postpone the exam"
- 2. table, tabularize, tabularise, tabulate, arrange, set
- usage: arrange or enter in tabular form
All rights reserved.
See also: table (Dictionary)