Synonyms of tacking
- 1. baste, basting, basting stitch, tacking, sewing stitch, embroidery stitch
- usage: a loose temporary sewing stitch to hold layers of fabric together
- 2. tack, tacking, change of course
- usage: (nautical) the act of changing tack
- 1. tack, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: fasten with tacks; "tack the notice on the board"
- 2. tack, wear round, sail
- usage: turn into the wind; "The sailors decided to tack the boat"; "The boat tacked"
- 3. assemble, piece, put together, set up, tack, tack together, join, bring together, make, create
- usage: create by putting components or members together; "She pieced a quilt"; "He tacked together some verses"; "They set up a committee"
- 4. baste, tack, sew, run up, sew together, stitch
- usage: sew together loosely, with large stitches; "baste a hem"
- 5. append, tag on, tack on, tack, hang on, attach
- usage: fix to; attach; "append a charm to the necklace"
- 6. interchange, tack, switch, alternate, flip, flip-flop, change by reversal, turn, reverse
- usage: reverse (a direction, attitude, or course of action)
All rights reserved.