- 1. tag, ticket, label
- usage: a label written or printed on paper, cardboard, or plastic that is attached to something to indicate its owner, nature, price, etc.
- 2. tag, label
- usage: a label associated with something for the purpose of identification; "semantic tags were attached in order to identify different meanings of the word"
- 3. rag, shred, tag, tag end, tatter, piece of cloth, piece of material
- usage: a small piece of cloth or paper
- 4. tag, child's game
- usage: a game in which one child chases the others; the one who is caught becomes the next chaser
- 5. tag, touch, touching
- usage: (sports) the act of touching a player in a game (which changes their status in the game)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. tag, label, mark, attach
- usage: attach a tag or label to; "label these bottles"
- 2. tag, touch
- usage: touch a player while he is holding the ball
- 3. tag, name, call
- usage: provide with a name or nickname
- 4. chase, chase after, trail, tail, tag, give chase, dog, go after, track, pursue, follow
- usage: go after with the intent to catch; "The policeman chased the mugger down the alley"; "the dog chased the rabbit"
- 5. tag, rhyme, rime
- usage: supply (blank verse or prose) with rhymes
All rights reserved.
See also: tag (Dictionary)