Synonyms of take down
- 1. takedown, fall, pin
- usage: (amateur wrestling) being brought to the mat from a standing position; "a takedown counts two points"
- 2. put-down, squelch, squelcher, takedown, derision
- usage: a crushing remark
- 1. lower, take down, let down, get down, bring down, move, displace
- usage: move something or somebody to a lower position; "take down the vase from the shelf"
- 2. take down, degrade, disgrace, demean, put down, humiliate, mortify, chagrin, humble, abase
- usage: reduce in worth or character, usually verbally; "She tends to put down younger women colleagues"; "His critics took him down after the lecture"
- 3. level, raze, rase, dismantle, tear down, take down, pull down, destroy, destruct
- usage: tear down so as to make flat with the ground; "The building was levelled"
- 4. note, take down, write down, set down, get down, put down
- usage: make a written note of; "she noted everything the teacher said that morning"
All rights reserved.