- 1. run, tally, score
- usage: a score in baseball made by a runner touching all four bases safely; "the Yankees scored 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th"; "their first tally came in the 3rd inning"
- 2. reckoning, tally, bill, account, invoice
- usage: a bill for an amount due
- 3. count, counting, numeration, enumeration, reckoning, tally, investigation, investigating
- usage: the act of counting; reciting numbers in ascending order; "the counting continued for several hours"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. match, fit, correspond, check, jibe, gibe, tally, agree, equal, be
- usage: be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics; "The two stories don't agree in many details"; "The handwriting checks with the signature on the check"; "The suspect's fingerprints don't match those on the gun"
- 2. score, hit, tally, rack up, gain, advance, win, pull ahead, make headway, get ahead, gain ground
- usage: gain points in a game; "The home team scored many times"; "He hit a home run"; "He hit .300 in the past season"
- 3. tally, chalk up, record, enter, put down
- usage: keep score, as in games
- 4. total, tot, tot up, sum, sum up, summate, tote up, add, add together, tally, add up, count, number, enumerate, numerate
- usage: determine the sum of; "Add all the people in this town to those of the neighboring town"
All rights reserved.
See also: tally (Dictionary)