- 1. tamp, tamper, tamping bar, tool
- usage: a tool for tamping (e.g., for tamping tobacco into a pipe bowl or a charge into a drill hole etc.)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. tamper, fiddle, monkey, manipulate
- usage: play around with or alter or falsify, usually secretively or dishonestly; "Someone tampered with the documents on my desk"; "The reporter fiddle with the facts"
- 2. meddle, tamper, intervene, step in, interfere, interpose
- usage: intrude in other people's affairs or business; interfere unwantedly; "Don't meddle in my affairs!"
All rights reserved.
See also: tamper (Dictionary)