- 1. tan, suntan, sunburn, burn, hyperpigmentation
- usage: a browning of the skin resulting from exposure to the rays of the sun
- 2. tan, topaz, light brown
- usage: a light brown the color of topaz
- 3. tangent, tan, trigonometric function, circular function
- usage: ratio of the opposite to the adjacent side of a right-angled triangle
- 1. tan, convert
- usage: treat skins and hides with tannic acid so as to convert them into leather
- 2. tan, bronze, discolor, discolour, colour, color
- usage: get a tan, from wind or sun
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. tan, chromatic (vs. achromatic)
- usage: of a light yellowish-brown color
All rights reserved.
See also: tan (Dictionary)