Synonyms of tangle
- 1. tangle, natural object
- usage: a twisted and tangled mass that is highly interwoven; "they carved their way through the tangle of vines"
- 2. tangle, snarl, maze, perplexity
- usage: something jumbled or confused; "a tangle of government regulations"
- 1. embroil, tangle, sweep, sweep up, drag, drag in, involve
- usage: force into some kind of situation, condition, or course of action; "They were swept up by the events"; "don't drag me into this business"
- 2. ravel, tangle, knot, intertwine, twine, entwine, enlace, interlace, lace
- usage: tangle or complicate; "a ravelled story"
- 3. tousle, dishevel, tangle, disarrange
- usage: disarrange or rumple; dishevel; "The strong wind tousled my hair"
- 4. entangle, tangle, mat, snarl, twist, twine, distort
- usage: twist together or entwine into a confusing mass; "The child entangled the cord"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of tangle (Dictionary)