Synonyms of tapering
- 1. tapering, lowering
- usage: the act of gradually lowering the size or amount; "the doctor prescribed the tapering of the dose"
- 1. taper, decrease, diminish, lessen, fall
- usage: diminish gradually; "Interested tapered off"
- 2. sharpen, taper, point, change shape, change form, deform
- usage: give a point to; "The candles are tapered"
- 1. tapered, tapering, narrowing, narrow (vs. wide)
- usage: becoming gradually narrower; "long tapering fingers"; "trousers with tapered legs"
- 2. dwindling, tapering, tapering off, decreasing (vs. increasing)
- usage: gradually decreasing until little remains
All rights reserved.