Synonyms of tapped
- 1. tap, cut
- usage: cut a female screw thread with a tap
- 2. tap, withdraw, draw, take out, draw off
- usage: draw from or dip into to get something; "tap one's memory"; "tap a source of money"
- 3. tap, tip, strike
- usage: strike lightly; "He tapped me on the shoulder"
- 4. exploit, tap, use, utilize, utilise, apply, employ
- usage: draw from; make good use of; "we must exploit the resources we are given wisely"
- 5. wiretap, tap, intercept, bug, listen in, eavesdrop
- usage: tap a telephone or telegraph wire to get information; "The FBI was tapping the phone line of the suspected spy"; "Is this hotel room bugged?"
- 6. tap, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: furnish with a tap or spout, so as to be able to draw liquid from it; "tap a cask of wine"
- 7. tap, rap, knock, pink, sound, go
- usage: make light, repeated taps on a surface; "he was tapping his fingers on the table impatiently"
- 8. tap, walk
- usage: walk with a tapping sound
- 9. tapdance, tap, dance, trip the light fantastic, trip the light fantastic toe
- usage: dance and make rhythmic clicking sounds by means of metal plates nailed to the sole of the dance shoes; "Glover tapdances better than anybody"
- 10. tap, draw, take out
- usage: draw (liquor) from a tap; "tap beer in a bar"
- 11. tap, pierce
- usage: pierce in order to draw a liquid from; "tap a maple tree for its syrup"; "tap a keg of beer"
- 12. solicit, beg, tap, request, bespeak, call for, quest
- usage: make a solicitation or entreaty for something; request urgently or persistently; "Henry IV solicited the Pope for a divorce"; "My neighbor keeps soliciting money for different charities"
- 1. tapped (vs. untapped), abroach, broached
- usage: in a condition for letting out liquid drawn out as by piercing or drawing a plug; "latex from tapped rubber trees"
All rights reserved.