- 1. undertaking, project, task, labor, work
- usage: any piece of work that is undertaken or attempted; "he prepared for great undertakings"
- 2. job, task, chore, duty
- usage: a specific piece of work required to be done as a duty or for a specific fee; "estimates of the city's loss on that job ranged as high as a million dollars"; "the job of repairing the engine took several hours"; "the endless task of classifying the samples"; "the farmer's morning chores"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. task, delegate, designate, depute, assign
- usage: assign a task to; "I tasked him with looking after the children"
- 2. tax, task, strain, extend
- usage: use to the limit; "you are taxing my patience"
All rights reserved.
See also: task (Dictionary)