Synonyms of taste
- 1. taste, taste sensation, gustatory sensation, taste perception, gustatory perception, sensation, esthesis, aesthesis, sense experience, sense impression, sense datum
- usage: the sensation that results when taste buds in the tongue and throat convey information about the chemical composition of a soluble stimulus; "the candy left him with a bad taste"; "the melon had a delicious taste"
- 2. preference, penchant, predilection, taste, liking
- usage: a strong liking; "my own preference is for good literature"; "the Irish have a penchant for blarney"
- 3. taste, appreciation, discernment, perceptiveness, discrimination, secernment
- usage: delicate discrimination (especially of aesthetic values); "arrogance and lack of taste contributed to his rapid success"; "to ask at that particular time was the ultimate in bad taste"
- 4. taste, experience
- usage: a brief experience of something; "he got a taste of life on the wild side"; "she enjoyed her brief taste of independence"
- 5. taste, mouthful, small indefinite quantity, small indefinite amount
- usage: a small amount eaten or drunk; "take a taste--you'll like it"
- 6. taste, gustation, sense of taste, gustatory modality, modality, sense modality, sensory system, exteroception
- usage: the faculty of distinguishing sweet, sour, bitter, and salty properties in the mouth; "his cold deprived him of his sense of taste"
- 7. taste, tasting, sensing, perception
- usage: a kind of sensing; distinguishing substances by means of the taste buds; "a wine tasting"
- 1. taste, savor, savour
- usage: have flavor; taste of something
- 2. taste, perceive, comprehend
- usage: perceive by the sense of taste; "Can you taste the garlic?"
- 3. sample, try, try out, taste, consume, ingest, take in, take, have
- usage: take a sample of; "Try these new crackers"; "Sample the regional dishes"
- 4. smack, taste, taste, savor, savour
- usage: have a distinctive or characteristic taste; "This tastes of nutmeg"
- 5. taste, identify
- usage: distinguish flavors; "We tasted wines last night"
- 6. taste, know, experience, live
- usage: experience briefly; "The ex-slave tasted freedom shortly before she died"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of taste (Dictionary)