Synonyms of tasting
- 1. tasting, sample
- usage: a small amount (especially of food or wine)
- 2. taste, tasting, sensing, perception
- usage: a kind of sensing; distinguishing substances by means of the taste buds; "a wine tasting"
- 3. tasting, savoring, savouring, relishing, degustation, eating, feeding
- usage: taking a small amount into the mouth to test its quality; "cooking was fine but it was the savoring that he enjoyed most"
- 1. taste, savor, savour
- usage: have flavor; taste of something
- 2. taste, perceive, comprehend
- usage: perceive by the sense of taste; "Can you taste the garlic?"
- 3. sample, try, try out, taste, consume, ingest, take in, take, have
- usage: take a sample of; "Try these new crackers"; "Sample the regional dishes"
- 4. smack, taste, taste, savor, savour
- usage: have a distinctive or characteristic taste; "This tastes of nutmeg"
- 5. taste, identify
- usage: distinguish flavors; "We tasted wines last night"
- 6. taste, know, experience, live
- usage: experience briefly; "The ex-slave tasted freedom shortly before she died"
All rights reserved.