Synonyms of taunting
- 1. twit, taunt, taunting, aggravation, irritation, provocation
- usage: aggravation by deriding or mocking or criticizing
- 1. tease, razz, rag, cod, tantalize, tantalise, bait, taunt, twit, rally, ride, mock, bemock
- usage: harass with persistent criticism or carping; "The children teased the new teacher"; "Don't ride me so hard over my failure"; "His fellow workers razzed him when he wore a jacket and tie"
- 1. derisive, gibelike, jeering, mocking, taunting, disrespectful (vs. respectful)
- usage: abusing vocally; expressing contempt or ridicule; "derisive laughter"; "a jeering crowd"; "her mocking smile"; "taunting shouts of `coward' and `sissy'"
All rights reserved.