- 1. tax, levy, impose
- usage: levy a tax on; "The State taxes alcohol heavily"; "Clothing is not taxed in our state"
- 2. tax, assess, determine, set
- usage: set or determine the amount of (a payment such as a fine)
- 3. tax, task, strain, extend
- usage: use to the limit; "you are taxing my patience"
- 4. tax, charge
- usage: make a charge against or accuse; "They taxed him failure to appear in court"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. burdensome, onerous, taxing, heavy (vs. light)
- usage: not easily borne; wearing; "the burdensome task of preparing the income tax return"; "my duties weren't onerous; I only had to greet the guests"; "a taxing schedule"
All rights reserved.
See also: taxing (Dictionary)