WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. tea, beverage, drink, drinkable, potable
- usage: a beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water; "iced tea is a cooling drink"
- 2. tea, afternoon tea, teatime, meal, repast
- usage: a light midafternoon meal of tea and sandwiches or cakes; "an Englishman would interrupt a war to have his afternoon tea"
- 3. tea, Camellia sinensis, shrub, bush
- usage: a tropical evergreen shrub or small tree extensively cultivated in e.g. China and Japan and India; source of tea leaves; "tea has fragrant white flowers"
- 4. tea, reception
- usage: a reception or party at which tea is served; "we met at the Dean's tea for newcomers"
- 5. tea, tea leaf, herb
- usage: dried leaves of the tea shrub; used to make tea; "the store shelves held many different kinds of tea"; "they threw the tea into Boston harbor"
All rights reserved.
See also: tea (Dictionary)