- 1. Teach, Edward Teach, Thatch, Edward Thatch, Blackbeard
- usage: an English pirate who operated in the Caribbean and off the Atlantic coast of North America (died in 1718)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. teach, learn, instruct, inform
- usage: impart skills or knowledge to; "I taught them French"; "He instructed me in building a boat"
- 2. teach, habituate, accustom
- usage: accustom gradually to some action or attitude; "The child is taught to obey her parents"
All rights reserved.
See also: teach (Dictionary)