Synonyms of tease
- 1. tease, teaser, annoyer, vexer, unwelcome person, persona non grata
- usage: someone given to teasing (as by mocking or stirring curiosity)
- 2. coquette, flirt, vamp, vamper, minx, tease, prickteaser, woman, adult female
- usage: a seductive woman who uses her sex appeal to exploit men
- 3. tease, teasing, ribbing, tantalization, harassment, molestation
- usage: the act of harassing someone playfully or maliciously (especially by ridicule); provoking someone with persistent annoyances; "he ignored their teases"; "his ribbing was gentle but persistent"
- 1. tease, badger, pester, bug, beleaguer, torment, rag, bedevil, crucify, dun, frustrate
- usage: annoy persistently; "The children teased the boy because of his stammer"
- 2. tease, razz, rag, cod, tantalize, tantalise, bait, taunt, twit, rally, ride, mock, bemock
- usage: harass with persistent criticism or carping; "The children teased the new teacher"; "Don't ride me so hard over my failure"; "His fellow workers razzed him when he wore a jacket and tie"
- 3. tease, manipulate, keep in line, control
- usage: to arouse hope, desire, or curiosity without satisfying them; "The advertisement is intended to tease the customers"; "She has a way of teasing men with her flirtatious behavior"
- 4. tease, shred, tear up, rip up
- usage: tear into pieces; "tease tissue for microscopic examinations"
- 5. tease, change surface
- usage: raise the nap of (fabrics)
- 6. tease, tease apart, loosen, disentangle, unsnarl, straighten out
- usage: disentangle and raise the fibers of; "tease wool"
- 7. tease, card, separate
- usage: separate the fibers of; "tease wool"
- 8. tease, ridicule, roast, guy, blackguard, laugh at, jest at, rib, make fun, poke fun
- usage: mock or make fun of playfully; "the flirting man teased the young woman"
- 9. tease, fluff, comb, comb out, disentangle
- usage: ruffle (one's hair) by combing the ends towards the scalp, for a full effect
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of tease (Dictionary)