- 1. tee, teeing ground, site, land site
- usage: the starting place for each hole on a golf course; "they were waiting on the first tee"
- 2. tee, football tee, support
- usage: support holding a football on end and above the ground preparatory to the kickoff
- 3. tee, golf tee, peg, nog, golf equipment
- usage: a short peg put into the ground to hold a golf ball off the ground
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. tee, tee up, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: place on a tee; "tee golf balls"
- 2. tee, connect, link, tie, link up
- usage: connect with a tee; "tee two pipes"
All rights reserved.
See also: tee (Dictionary)