- 1. telephone, phone, telephone set, electronic equipment
- usage: electronic equipment that converts sound into electrical signals that can be transmitted over distances and then converts received signals back into sounds; "I talked to him on the telephone"
- 2. telephone, telephony, telecommunication, telecom
- usage: transmitting speech at a distance
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. call, telephone, call up, phone, ring, telecommunicate
- usage: get or try to get into communication (with someone) by telephone; "I tried to call you all night"; "Take two aspirin and call me in the morning"
All rights reserved.
See also: telephone (Dictionary)